I have no experience with a Nucanoe but I do have a Hobie Revolution and I previously owned an Outback, I also own an Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 sit on top kayak so i can tell you why I like each one and where I use them.

The Hobie is great as long as you have clearance, it takes a foot or so for the flippers to work. You can raise the flippers to slid over shoals but you have to be able to do it before you reach the shallow area, other wise you can bend a shaft or get stuck, or in a worst case flip if you get caught in swift water. That being said, I find it to be almost no problem in the areas I fish and the worst I have ever done is to slightly bend a shaft when I struck a rock that I couldn't see.

What the Hobie is great at is letting you fish while you pedal. I never could figure out that paddling and casting process. Paddle, put the paddle down, cast the fly, paddle again. I like fishing small streams and ponds and "banging the banks" with the fly, This is where the Hobie is best. You pedal and cast at the same time, you steer with your left hand.

When I used the Prowler I usually paddled somewhere and got out and waded. I was going to keep the prowler for times I needed to paddle but I am now going to sell it because if I don't use the drive and plug the hole the Hobie paddles as good as the Prowler.

You really need to go somewhere and demo both before you make a final decision. You will find some real kayakers have a negative opinion about the Hobie because it is not traditional, if fact there is a real love hate thing about Hobies, you either really like them or you really don't, I like mine.

Good luck in your search.

Duncan