Thread: neoprene booties on waders

Threaded View

Normand Guest

Default neoprene booties on waders

when looking at wader sizes in catalogs and online sites, theres only 3 sizes of neoprene booties to choose from. 7-9, 8-10 and 9-11.

i currently own a pair of orvis silver label neoprene foot waders, size xl short, 32-34 inseam and a 9-11 bootie. i am a short (26" inseam), portly (nevermind the weight), small footed 5'-5" person.

my ideal size would be xl short, 28" inseam and 7-9 bootie. HA!

i emailed patagonia regarding changing out 1 boot size for another and they replied they would be happy to do it for me. i could have them in 4-6 weeks. thats no big deal for me, just get them right!

i have a 7 1/2 foot size, so my question would be: which size is right for my foot?? i usually wear a pair of smart wool socks while wading in the cooler months but by the time summer rolls along, i usually go barefooted inside the bootie.

obviously the 9-11 is out. even with a pair of socks, i still have to get all of the excess bootie inside a wading boot. so its leaves the 7-9 or the 8-10 bootie size. with the 7-9 i could wear a thin pair of socks under the smart wool socks and still get my foot into my boot or the 8-10 and wear 2 pairs of smart wool socks with alot less excess bootie to stuff into my boots.

what would you buy??

what do you other short people do??
    Last edited by Normand; 05-27-2008 at 10:27 PM.