Pennsylvania runs two fish for free days every year. On those days anyone, resident or not, can fish for free in the commonwealth. Well, Amy decided she would go fishing with me on the first of these days last Saturday. Our son came along too. I figured I wouldn't do any fishing and just try to make the outing as enjoyable as possible for them.

Since these two were being reintroduced to a sport they gave up long ago I opted for some very hungry, prespawn blue gills and spinning gear with worms under a slip bobber. The fish did not disappoint! I lost count of haw many were caught by who. Gary even caught a nice little Yellow Perch. You should have seen the smiles! Unfortunately, in my haste, I forgot to pack my camera. Amy and I sneaked out for a few more hours the other night but the fish are now more interested in spawning than eating.

Well, today I am just finishing up waxing the car and got out one of my 5 wt rods for a little practice casting. Amy come out to see if I am ready to go shopping yet and I had her watch me cast. Now, I am not a great flinger of the fly but my fly generally goes where intended. I tell you folks in no time she was laying out nice 40+ foot cast right where she wanted them. Smiling like the butcher's dog the whole time too!

Amy had me buy her fishing license with trout stamp for her Birthday. An early Birthday gift as her birthday is next Saturday. I am the one that got a great gift in having her as a fishing partner. She has also stated that we will go to next years Pa Fish-In so she can meet those folks and see how they fly fish!

Special note to Betty Hiner. Amy commandeered my hat! Even pinned her license on it to lay claim to it!

I am a very happy boy!!!