+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever fly fished while mounted on horse back?

I gave up trying after spending 4 hours trying to get the horse into waders.......

Chars
    DuFf

------------------
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints....

nighthawk Guest

Duffin Boy,
    Boot foot or stocking foot? Reminds me of a story that I heard about Ronald Reagan during shooting of one of his westerns. He was supposed to dash, on horse back, across this mountain stream to rescue a damsel in distress. The horse stopped in the middle of the stream and would not budge. Turns out the horse had bunions and the cold water took the pain out of the poor critter's hooves or so the story goes.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

When asked how he felt during his first American space walk Astronaut Edward White responded "I feel red, white and blue all over".

Eric,

Thanks for letting me respond to this! I have tried to warn all the new members to watch out for "ohiotuber" and told them that he was lets say, a "little short of a full load"! This thread should prove my point very well! How about, "his cheese has slid off his cracker" or "the top step to his attic is missing" or "the lights are flashing, the gates are down but no tracks". Poor guy. You just have to feel sorry for him. By the way Mike, I have a friend here in Tennessee that raises Tennessee Walking Mules and I am sure that I can talk him into letting you try fly fishing off the back of one of them. Just let me know and I will arrange it. Should be fun to watch! I wish to warn all New Members, beware of the "ohiotuber"!!

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I'll sheepisly admit that I did once while in my 20's....oh! on horseback! no, sorry.

------------------
    "Man has an inexhaustible ability to beshit his environment, with politicians well in the lead"...Jim Harrison

I once shot an elephant in striped pajamas,
    but never caught fish off a horses back.

------------------
    **MW**

Man, I thought MY stories were wild.
    LF, I bow (pun intended) to the mistress of insane sporting situations.
    Frank Reid

Some of us are just sicker than others.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

nighthawk Guest

Hey Warren,
    If you think Mike is a strange one just wait until you get to meet me! The LadyFisher is right that some of us are just sicker than others, lol. All kidding aside folks, if you ever get to meet Mike you will know that you have met one of the greatest people on earth. Heck, He doesn't even get mad at me when My Steelers beat his Browns!

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Air Cavalry all the way! When a voice cries out in distress, we will be there, no matter what the cost.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Horses and I fail to get along for periods of time longer than 20-30 seconds. One way or another, we part company sometimes with extreme prejudice on the horse's part. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Horses are pretty easy to get along with but they don't like surprises very much. They need training. Old Buck, one of our cutting horses many years ago, could handle gunfire and rattlesnakes but I think he would have bolted and headed for the barn had he gotten a look at a fish flopping by his face.

+ Reply to Thread