I have come to the realization that I've grown a decent fly fishing/tying inventory over the past few years.
Not even close to what some of the members here have , going by the photos I have seen ,but still pretty good.
My question is : Does anybody out there keep an inventory of what they have ( rods ,reels, lines, tying materials and such) or does everyone just go along by memory of have/need?
I have been toying with the idea of coming up with an inventory sheet ( getting into the computer every time I think of something would be a pain ) for materials on hand vs. got to get .
Also an inventory of hardware i.e rods, reels, lines and such.
Am I going over the top here?
Seems like a good idea just from an insurance stand point ( and NONE of my gear is top of the line. "cept the Renzetti, or the storage hutch, or some of the tools , darn ,some of it is good stuff).
Seems like one of the members lost all of his gear in a fire this past year and tragic as it is , cant help wonder is a comprehensive inventory would have helped in getting things sorted out with the insuance company.
So, does any one have an itemized , blank , fly tying /fishing gear inventory sheet or do I need to come up with my own?
I know I'm not the first one here to think of this .
Or am I over the top? (there's a loaded question.)