Visited the pond yesterday. I knew I would not catch anything, but I love casting on the water. The bald eagles were there and the shorebirds, geese and grebes. I took down my rod, put it in the pickup and began to explore the shoreline looking for feathers. I found some great white ones and headed back to the truck. On the ground in the bushes was one of those gift boxes, the kind you buy already wrapped in gold foil. I went to fetch it to take it home to recycle it when I noticed a label on the box and two metal tags on the ground. Would you believe that I found someone's ashes as in dead and cremated? There were still some ashes in the box, the discarded box laying there with all of the beer cans and bait containers. The metal tags have numbers on them denoting the dead person somehow. I took Agnes home with me and I will call the crematorium tomorrow. Perhaps there is some kind of protocol. Really, what will I do with a tablespoon of human ash? I suppose some relatives had cast Agnes to the wind, but then why not all of her and why leave the box and the tags with the trash? I hope that Agnes' life was a happier one than this scenario brings to mind.