Been fishing this small Lagoon that I assumed was all stunted gills. Lots of brush and fallen trees. Went today with a 7'6" 3wt furled thread leader and 4x tippet...using a #14 nymph. Miss a few and go for a walk. come to a fallen tree area and see what at first I thought were 5 carp right below me staring that bank. Like 3 feet away all the fish are about 17" some more biggest I've seen outside of those Nascar style tournaments where they guys hold them over their heads and dance with them in the middle of an arena. I was shocked to see them in there. Then a fish opens his mouth underwater and inhales it was obvious they were Largemouth bass, I caught one seconds ago about the size of a chicken tender. I knew the lagoon had been stocked years ago but assumed it just got overpolulated and nothing really grew..so there you are with a 3wt and there is a school of very large fish that you could just drop a fly to but there is overgrowth and brush everywhere and you know the fish would take off under a log...what would you do?
Janus