+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Somebody here posted about a NuCanoe

Hybrid View

Dear Warren,

Yes, you were the person I was thinking about.

Thanks for taking the time to post the comprehensive review. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a dealer that is closer to me than South Jersey for that is a 4 1/2 hour drive. I'd really like to try something out before I buy it, and I think just because of my size I'll fit better in the 12 foot version but I do think it's something I'm going to look hard at when the time comes.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Warren,

That is one classy looking rig. Just what UI need to go along with my pontoon boat and float tube.

REE

Thanks..

The more I use it, the more I like it. I told Jack, when I saw the picture, that it looked like a dugout on the Amazon River!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Nice looking boat... I like the raised seat. In your opinion, how will it handle in a good chop on medium sized lakes with significant pleasure boat traffic? Is it a dry boat? It might be what I'm looking for also. Thanks

Steve IA,

I would consider it a "dry" boat. I get water in mine, but, it is caused from getting in and out of it with waders on. The way the boat is shaped would lead me to believe it would be a "dry" ride. I have not had it out on the big lakes here yet, but, I plan to try it out. There are some pictures on their web site (www.nucanoe.com) that show this boat being used on choppy open water, but, I cannot respond from experience.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren... Is there adequate room on the floor of your 10' model to stash a 7' rod and would it be easily accessible placed there?

Steve IA,

The trough down the middle is 13" wide and a 7' rod will fit, but, you would have to slide it in and out under your seat which may work. I use a 8'6" fly rod and I just lay it beside my seat. There is a ledge that is about 9" wide down both sides of the boat where the seat fastens down and a 7' rod will lay there and be completely inside the boat except for maybe 6" which will not be sticking out from the nose of the boat, but, to the left or right of the nose (depending on which side you lay the rod). They also have Scotty rod holders which screw into the threaded holes where the seat fastens down. There are either 4 or 5 of these threaded holes down each side so that you can move the seat where ever you need/want it and the remaining holes can be use for the Scotty Rod holders. You really need to go see one of the these if you can and also demo it. You could also just come to Tennessee and I will take you out in mine plus we could fish.
    Warren

+ Reply to Thread