FAOL friends and customers. It has come to my attention that my medical condition (if any) is being blown out of proportion and info being passed is far from the truth.
Please let me explain:
About one and one half years ago on a routine physical, my PSA from the blood test showed I possibly had prostrate cancer. My PSA was 37, which is way too high. My urology Surgeon suggested way more tests than I wanted but we set it all up. The whole 9 yards. The Biopsy showed 3 of the 10 was positive for cancer. So back to the drawing board, all the rest of the tests. Nuclear bone scan, Bone density and a couple more very expensive tests I do not remember the names of.
Liz and I met with my Surgeon and was informed no surgery was desired or needed (made my day). So went over all the other options and settled after much deliberations that I would go with hormone injections for two years. One each six months apart.
After the first one, waited for 6 months and went in for another PSA. A week later when I went in for my second treatment I was informed the PSA was at that time 1.0675. Way below the normal for a man my age. ( I am now 73 years young.)
Everyone including myself is quite satisfied the cancer is being slowly starved for food. I am not cancer free, will die with cancer but not from it.

So anyone that has heard and or passed a rumor that I am dying from cancer is totally wrong. I am quite healthy (for an old guy) very active and still have a lot of places I need to fly fish yet in my life and plan on doing most of them before I am ready to have dirt kicked in my face.

Operation of Conranch Hackle:
Many are aware that Ken Sample has moved onto the Ranch. The reason is many faceted.
We are both cabinet makers, are both dyed in the wool fly fishers and tiers. We both have a love for these genetic birds.
1. Back in December of 2007 we built 4 quad boo fly rods. (I have been making boo rods for about 8 years, the first for Kenny.)
2. Kenny was showing a deep interest in how the genetic birds are raised. (actually enjoyed all that goes into it).
3. Kenny hit it off with the Big Boss (Liz) and one day she suggested we adopt him. From that comment things went into serious talking about adding him to the Ranch.

In April we moved Kenny from Colorado, to the Ranch. Some day after I am gone (not soon I hope) Kenny will be breeding/marketing the Conranch Hackle for Liz. All with her help I hope. All of the details are not worked out completely but then that is all business and should be of no interest to anyone but us.
At this time Kenny is undergoing Genetic breeding 101 / 102 / 103. I might add he is passing with flying colors. Loves what he is doing and carries a pocket notebook with him at all times. Actually he is hands on the 2008 first hatching season all by himself. I have only been standing at his shoulder coaching.
We have two batches now in the brooders and it does look like we may have hit it on the head again for some of the difficult colors, both JV hens and the big guys. We will keep you all informed as to what we have for sale when it is ready to ship.

Not ready to quit yet as I am way too healthy

Denny

PS:
We do have two Red Golden full skins ready to sell and ship. Contact me or Ken.

denny@conranch.com

ken@conranch.com or phone him at 509-413-6217