+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a great site

Default What a great site

Hi everyone, I just joined the bulliten board. I've been going into this site for a while now and finally registered.
    In the past few months I've added fly tying to my 'resume' and this site has so much helpful information. WOW! So far I'm a warmwater fly fisherman as there isn't much for trout in my part of ND. I love catching northern pike and bass on a fly.

------------------
    To fish or not to fish?
    What a stupid question.

Welcome to FAOL. Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and join the fun. Paricipating is much more fun than lurking.

jed

Hey!

A very warm Welcome to ya' ...

As Jed mentionned, ... pull up a chair and visit a while.

You'll find tons of info, friendly banter and discussion here.

LF and JC keep a really nice house here. Just remember to wipe your feet on the way in and check the guns at the door

Don't forget to check out the Angler's Chat that goes on every evening. [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/chat2.5/:4ff89]http://flyanglersonline.com/chat2.5/[/url:4ff89]

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:4ff89]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:4ff89]
    Christopher Chin

A warm welcome to ya. I'm originally from up in Pembina County, near the Red River. The last big flood pretty much took the town of Bowesmont off the map.

Glad you found your way here. As you have already found out, there is a ton of info here and a large community that spans the globe willing to share their expertise with you.

Stop by the chatroom some evening for some real time fishing talk. The conversations are mainly about fly fisihing, but the subject matter can change in a moment. There are several other pike fly fishers that join in the fun.

Ron Eagle Elk

[This message has been edited by NoahsBoyz (edited 29 August 2005).]

Welcome! Really like your signature phrase. You'll fit right in (-:

Allan

Hi. I grew up in Minot, lived t here twenty years. I sure caught my share of northern pike. Got some whoppers outta the Garrison Tailrace. Of course, it was all with hardware. Never saw a flyfisher way back then. Welcome to the forum. We had a pike swap a few months ago. Maybe another in the future. WHere to you fish. Devils Lake?

Jed wrote:

"Welcome to FAOL. Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and join the fun. Paricipating is much more fun than lurking.
    jed"

You might find, as I have, that some of the more entertaining posts have been written while the author was drinking something other than coffee. Welcome.

Bob

------------------
    "Man has an inexhaustible ability to be**** his environment, with politicians well in the lead"...Jim Harrison

[This message has been edited by BSwan (edited 30 August 2005).]

[This message has been edited by BSwan (edited 30 August 2005).]

Welcome to the family

Don't be shy none of us are.

Harold

Welcome Chasepike!
    There MUST be some good trout fishing in ND. But I'll take your word for it. Maybe all the other fishing is so good that trout pale by comparison!

I just caught my first US walleye on a fly about a week ago. I caught a bunch in Canada back in the 60s though. The one I caught a week ago was all of about 7 inches long. I don't count fish caught on weighted flies though! IMHO they should be considered jigs.

Ol' Bill

Hey, I. Be sure to check out the warmwater board, too. Welcome. JGW

+ Reply to Thread