Thread: All Of Our Prayers NEEDED NOW,For Harley Bob's Family

Threaded View

Default All Of Our Prayers NEEDED NOW,For Harley Bob's Family

As many of you know, one of our family is currently in Portland,Ore. with his son Robert,so Robert can have a life saving operation to reduce and reverse his extreme weight gain.
    "HarleyBob" has posted, here also, about whoever at FAOL cares to, could and would, pray for his son.
    I was extremely fortunate, today, to drive from here on the coast, up to Portland and spend the day with "HarleyBob". Not only to meet, Bob but to also let him know "He's not alone in the fight he's currently facing".
    We had a good day..... spent a long time at my local fly shop, went to lunch with a few "questionable men of ill reputations", (namely other fly fishers) and just basically "talked about what lies ahead for Bob and his family after the surgery".

However, I also learned today, something that has made me post this request for even more prayers and well wishes, for HarleyBob, his son-Robert and the rest of his family............................
    Bob's son goes into surgery tomorrow morning at 10:00AM West Coast time.
    Where ALL of our prayers, are now so urgently needed, is because of the risks involved in this extremely dangerous surgery.
    Due to severe blood clotting, already present in his lower legs, Bob's son is facing the dangerous odds of "an 20% chance of making it through this surgery". Obviously, that leaves Bob and his family, with the terribly poor odds of "an 80% chance, his son will not survive the operation"

When I learned this, from Bob I asked his permission to post this information, here, on the BB for the FAOL family to be aware of.
    He readily agreed.
    So, whether "up late tonight still", or, "checking in here, before going to work tomorrow", anyone that would care to, please say a prayer for Bob, his son and his family.

I'm sorry, I did not add this,earlier................. Bob has me on his "call list, after the surgery", so I WILL post the outcome of the surgery as soon as I hear from Bob, tomorrow.
    Last edited by flybinder; 05-15-2008 at 06:18 AM.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson