+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Of Our Prayers NEEDED NOW,For Harley Bob's Family

Default All Of Our Prayers NEEDED NOW,For Harley Bob's Family

As many of you know, one of our family is currently in Portland,Ore. with his son Robert,so Robert can have a life saving operation to reduce and reverse his extreme weight gain.
    "HarleyBob" has posted, here also, about whoever at FAOL cares to, could and would, pray for his son.
    I was extremely fortunate, today, to drive from here on the coast, up to Portland and spend the day with "HarleyBob". Not only to meet, Bob but to also let him know "He's not alone in the fight he's currently facing".
    We had a good day..... spent a long time at my local fly shop, went to lunch with a few "questionable men of ill reputations", (namely other fly fishers) and just basically "talked about what lies ahead for Bob and his family after the surgery".

However, I also learned today, something that has made me post this request for even more prayers and well wishes, for HarleyBob, his son-Robert and the rest of his family............................
    Bob's son goes into surgery tomorrow morning at 10:00AM West Coast time.
    Where ALL of our prayers, are now so urgently needed, is because of the risks involved in this extremely dangerous surgery.
    Due to severe blood clotting, already present in his lower legs, Bob's son is facing the dangerous odds of "an 20% chance of making it through this surgery". Obviously, that leaves Bob and his family, with the terribly poor odds of "an 80% chance, his son will not survive the operation"

When I learned this, from Bob I asked his permission to post this information, here, on the BB for the FAOL family to be aware of.
    He readily agreed.
    So, whether "up late tonight still", or, "checking in here, before going to work tomorrow", anyone that would care to, please say a prayer for Bob, his son and his family.

I'm sorry, I did not add this,earlier................. Bob has me on his "call list, after the surgery", so I WILL post the outcome of the surgery as soon as I hear from Bob, tomorrow.
    Last edited by flybinder; 05-15-2008 at 06:18 AM.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

My prayers certainly are going out immediately & will continue.
    Bob...Please know that you have MANY FAOL family members who are praying for your entire family.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Bob,
    I will pray for your son and family.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I knew something was telling me to get back up out of bed and check this website. Harleybob and family I will be praying for your son in only a few moments. I think it was why I was to come here. No fooling around....back to bed. I will be thinking of you and yours. It is my hope and prayer it all goes well.....and that the spirit wind blows you down the path to handle it and give you strength.

I will ask for nothing less than the best for Harleybob's Bob.

Seriously Sincerely

Gemrod

Prayers are being said from my family
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

"First thing in the morning" prayers offered for the whole family and a successful outcome to the surgery.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Harley Bob,
    My prayers as well. I will also put them in our daily prayer requests at work. May the Lord's healing hand touch that situation, and may He embrace you and your family with His overwhelming grace. Amen
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

May God be with your son and your family Harley Bob. Lord My humble prayer for his safety and recovery. I ask it in Jesus name.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

HarleyBob,
    Your care of and concern for your son shows you have a great cohesive family. You're obviously a great dad . It's in His hands but you have helped.
    My prayers for Bob,you and your family will be forthcoming before and about 10:00 AM PST.

Mark

Default Prayers

Prayers from my family and myself.

+ Reply to Thread