Shakey,

Headwaters is the sole importer of blanks and rods also reels, built by the Zhus rod company in China. Other companies selling these rods are Elkhorn,Tea-Stick now Highland Mills, Duluth Dan from e-bay and until recently Diamondback. I own a Tea-Stick 7'6" 5 wt. Bought it when the price was 400.00. I have no complaints about my rod but there were 3 in the shop I bought mine from and suggested that 2 be sent back. One had a loose ferrule the other had a ferrule that wasn't set right. From what I've been hearing Zhus's quality is getting better but I can't reccommened them at this price. BTY you can buy directly from Zhus over the net, last time I looked rod were 350.00 each US. Do not confuse these rods with the made in USA rod Highland Mills is selling for 1200.00 in Cabelas these are made by a builder in PA..
IMO when these rods were selling for 350.00 to 450.00 I thought they would be a good entry level rod replacing Montague and H-I in the bamboo world. But for 500.00 to 600.00 you can find much better quality American or English made rods both new and used.
New: Lon Blauvelt from Maine rods start at 595.00 just google his name. JTRods.com selling rods built on Gene Edwards blanks start at 475.00. AJ Thramer has an affordable rod series also Art Weiler rods start around 800.00. There are many more names out there.
Used: Orvis Battenkills can start at 300.00 for a one tip Madison grade. I'm picking up an F.E.Thomas Yellowstone made for A&F 3/2 8' 4/5 wt tomorrow for 375.00. Scotty rods made By Farlow run around 250.00-300.00 This company made blanks for Orvis, Leonard the Duracanes, and Cortland the 444.
Take your time cast alot of rods pick the one that's best for you. It's a fun process. I'd avoid E-bay if your not sure about what your looking for.

Tom