+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you're fond of bamboo rods...

Default If you're fond of bamboo rods...

...you might consider an all bamboo landing net. I just received one purchased for an upcoming trip. It's lightweight, has a beautiful finish and the nodes in the bamboo are visable as on a bamboo rod. As soon as they come out with a long handled model I plan to buy one to use with my pontoon boat. If you're interested they can be found at [url=http://www.bamboonets.com.:9f3f9]www.bamboonets.com.[/url:9f3f9] No, I don't have any interest in the company. Just want to pass along something interesting to my friends at FAOL .

Neil,

"you might consider an all bamboo landing net"

You might want to clarify that comment.

Allan

He did--www.bamboonets.com

------------------

Bill

[This message has been edited by William Fitzgerald (edited 04 September 2005).]

Thanks for the link Neil......nice looking nets and not bad prices either........Jason

I bought one a few months ago, loved it for the light weight and horizontal mesh configuration, and now EVERYONE at FAOL now has a chance to get it FOR FREE! All you need to do is:

Go and fish the Laramie river in Colorado, about 1.3 road miles upstream from the Rawah trailhead. Stomp around in the beaver ponds, muck and thickly tangled willows near the campsites there that the bowhunters use this time of year. My beautiful net is snagged on one of them, @#%^%^@# willows pulled it off my vest without me noticing. I abandoned it, because -- while fishing, then while looking for my missing net, we came across more and more and fresher moose sign---beds, poop, then fresh green, still-steaming piles of moose poop. Then some loud crashing around in the willows and muck a hundred yards away. Then 2 people on horseback riding by my truck as we were debating whether to hike back in and search again, saying, "did you guys spot that bull moose?" He looked really irritable!"

So, I'll support the bamboo net makers by buying another one this week. It was a great net.

If you see a picture in any future flyfishing , wildlife, or hunting magazines of an irritable moose with a bamboo net hanging off one antler, you'll know it's mine.

DAN

+ Reply to Thread