I'm in a bit of a quandry. Here's the story. I always wanted an Orvis Superfine Far & Fine 7'9" 5 wt. It was too much money for me when I would have used such a rod a lot and I have no immediate/real need for one with the kind of fishing I do now so never bought one.

When I heard Orvis was going to change the Superfines to 4 pc. rods with a quicker action I sighed and decided I needed to buy one of the real F & F rods. In the fall of 06 I bought one on closeout. It's the dark burgandy smooth finished one with the burl reel seat. It's a beautiful rod that casts nice and I'm sure fishes even better. It remains unfished.

Two weeks ago I saw another Superfine F & F, but the older one. It has the gray unsanded blank and the unequal length sections ... the earlier one, and it was in unfished condition, brand new. I bought it.

They both seem about the same action to me although some of you may feel there is a difference. The newer rod is definately nicer looking, but the older one is, well, older and like what I originally wanted. I was going to sell the newer model but now I'm not sure which one to keep. So ... which would you keep? and why?