+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stocking foot waders

1. Default stocking foot waders

I bought my first set of stocking foot waders. They seemed to fit fine, pleanty of room to move in, footies fit fine... Not too tight or loose. But when I put my wading boots on, they seem very tight. Too tight. I tryed them without socks on. That is better, but nearly impossible to take off, and a bit uncomfy. So I tryed using running socks. Better, much better. But still quit tight.
    Now I know the waders are the right size, as are the boots. Size 12 as I havew always had.
    So I have to ask if this is normal, or do I need to get one size larger boot??

Any info will be greatly apriciated... thankyou

Dead fly, you definitely need larger boots...may be even more than one size....if you are one who fishes in different temperatures there may be times you want more than one pair of socks.

I would take my waders in with me if I were you and be sure of the correct fit.

Boots that hurt have a way of hurting more after you are in the water..
    Last edited by ducksterman; 05-11-2008 at 12:03 AM.

3. Default

Kinda what I felt. How loose should the fit be. Enough room for one, or two pairs of socks??

If you aren't fishing in the real cold I'd go for one pair...remember you can always play with the tightness or looseness of the lacing.

A tight fit is colder than a loose fit.

I'll mention ....I really hated fighting to get into or out of a pair of tight fitting wet boots and neoprenes.

Also remember you shouldn't be slipping around in your boots when wading...you gotta have support....just not like a ski boot.

5. Default

well here in minisota, the water is pretty warm once summer trully arrives. Early on in the season we do have our share of cold waters. At the moment it is in the lower end of the 60's in samo water, and warmer in smaller lakes/ponds...

You have to be a little careful - some boot brands are sized up to allow for neoprene booties, so say a size 12 is really a 13... it pays to ask the retailler and say what foot size you are. Almost all will need at least one size up though.

Blog Entries

One other thing to consider is that wet wading boots tend to fit looser than dry ones. I always end up with a wading boot one or 1 1/2 sizes bigger than my street shoes. I would rather have to add a pair of socks to make them snug rather than have them too tight and get cold feet in the winter.

8. Default

I'll have to go to cabelas next week to find a good fitting pair. Maybe I can bring in my waders to wear while I try them on....

I wear a size 16 shoe in regular life. With stockingfoot waders I have to wear a 17 or 18

10. Default

Do you need to wear more than one pair of socks with wading boots two sizes larger than street shoes??
    I'm hoping to pickup a pair this comming weekend. Hopfully I can take in my waders to try on with them. I wonder if I should try them on with more than one pair of socks. Or just buy a pair 1 1/2 to 2 sizes larger. And wear socks acordingly. The thing is; though the water is still cool here now; by late june it will be in the 70's. Two pairs of socks might be a bit warmish...

+ Reply to Thread