Too funny. About the reaction that I expected.

Questions. I never thought about using dye to color a fly line. "Fish"net stockings? Maybe. Fly line? Hmmmmm
I kind of like the idea but it brings up a couple questions. Fly line is specifically designed to repel fluid. Why would it accept a dye? And - don't you think that the dye would wear off and end up in the guides?

As I said - I know it's not the best way to shop, but it seemed like the thing to do. You see, we have a friend that may have time to make a custom rod for her before the wedding. I am sure that if she was able to choose her own preferences, she would want a rod that is dark red with pink wrapping or a combination something like that. Know why? Because she saw those pink Fly Logic reels on the internet and wants one very badly. Now you see - how can I possibly order up a nice fly fishing outfit for her - with reds and pinks - and then settle for a yellow line or something thereabouts? She would make me wear a white belt to work with my black shoes in retaliation! OK, she actually doesn't have any input in the way I dress - but I really was trying to pull it all together for her. She does appreciate well matched items. As far as the blue and green lines go - those would match the other rods that we have hanging around for use. They aren't too important to match. I got a bit carried away and tried to muddy up the fact that I was looking for a matching pink fly line!