Saved, not caught

So I went down to the river today with my gear, even though it was pouring out. But I was bored, and still on my mission to catch a carp!

Well, when I got down under the bridge, I was shocked. I found more garbage, but this time it was a different bridge. Bread bags, empty corn cans etc. But that's not what shocked me. What shocked me was 9 carp flopping around on the rocks. 2 large carp, quite large and the rest from about 9-18". I know a lot of people hate them, and kill them. But to me, they're still animals. I don't mind if people kill them because they eat the game fish eggs etc. But I wish they kill them, not make them suffer. So, I got them back in the water and brought them back to where they swam away. Weather they survive or not I don't know. Only 2 didn't make it. And!!!!! I still haven't caught a carp!!!

What's the oddest/suprising thing you've seen out on the water or on your way to fish or while fishing etc?

Last year my son and I were wet wading the river and there's a bend that is quite deep, lots of rocks and sticks etc in it. So we didn't want to wade it. So we climbed the bank up onto the farmers property and cut across. Not a long hike, about 200 yards. While walking through the trees (Everygreens of some sort) there was an opening, loaded with marijuana plants. Maybe 20-30 of them. So we turned around and left and hiked up the other way of the river. Seen lots of wildlife, which we don't see too much of. Well, not beavers etc, so seeing them while fishing is quite nice. We stop fishing and watch them for several minutes when we do come across them.

Shane