+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alpharetta, GA

Hybrid View

Default Alpharetta, GA

Well, there seems to be a good cross section of people from accross the nation so I thought I would post this up here.

I may be moving there soon.

What is the area like?
    What are the good cities/areas/schools/whatever to look at when deciding where to house hunt?
    How is the Drought affecting everything?
    Fishing info and opportunities are important, but I can always fond some of those.

If it helps, here is the address where I would be working:
    5555 Windward Pkwy
    Alpharetta, GA 30004

Thanks for the assistance!
    Don Rolfson

Is that HP's address?

We have sealed off the borders and are no longer accepting transplants at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawthumb View Post
    Is that HP's address?

We have sealed off the borders and are no longer accepting transplants at this time.
    That IS HPs address, and Randy is REALLY pushing us in that direction. . . . .

There or Austin.
    Don Rolfson

drolfson,

The Atlanta area is a great place to live. There is quite a few good fishing opportunities available for trout and of course Georgia has a great warm water fisheries.

Housing in Atlanta is down a bit like the rest of the country so there are some good deals to be had for a serious shopper.

Schools vary quite a bit from "I'd never send my kid there." to some fairly good school systems. For the most part, the school system reflects the socioeconomic level of the area of Atlanta you're in. There are also some excellent private schools in Atlanta if you want to pay the money. I sent all three of my kids through the Catholic scholl system here in Atlanta and it provided an excellent education. They ended up attending some pretty good colleges (Georgetown, Georgia Tech etc.) and are very successful in their careers.

All-in-all, Atlanta is a great place to live with the one exception of the traffic; which I suspect you'll figure out pretty quickly when you're living in the Alpharetta area.

When you do get down here, drop me a line and I'll be glad to introduce you to some pretty good warm water fishing.

Jim Smith

If you will be working on Windward Parkway, I would suggest looking in the Windward Community for housing. It sure would make your commute easier. Also Forsyth County is right next door and some great housing opportunities exist there. From what I hear most of the schools around the Windward community are pretty well respected.
    James is correct about the traffic. It's really pretty bad sometimes. So that's why I suggest living as close to your work as possible.
    On the fishing front, The Chattahoochee is a very good tailwater trout fishery, as is the Toccoa which is about 50 miles away. My favorite trout river is the Chattooga. I live in Windward not far off of Windward Parkway . Let me know when you get situated and we'll get together and talk trout.
    Also, if you have any questions send me a PM.
    Last edited by FlyFlopper; 05-07-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: To add additional comments
    Brook trout always remind me that there must be a higher power.

Dale

+ Reply to Thread