I've just recently returned from my annual trip to the Somerset/Fayette County portion of SW Pennsylvania know as the 'Laurel Highlands'. I had the chance to fish with a couple of good friends and was able to spend a week at my parents. Dad was feeling well enough to get a couple of days in with me, inspite of pulling a hamstring during the first week of the season fishing on the "Little J". Here's Dad rigging up after sacrificing a fly to the tree gods that protect the creek. We all made offerings over the course of the week and all I can say is I'm glad I tie my own!

The weather was the typical mixed bag, sunny and warm for a couple of days, light rain and thunderstorms others and one day with 4" of snow. Man, you just have to love that Pennsylvania mountain weather! Didn't hurt the fishing much but you certainly had to be flexible with your tactics!

During the "warm" days we had pretty decent Hendrickson and BWO hatches with respectable Hendrickson spinner falls near dusk. The trout were taking from the surface and sight fishing to risers was the order of the day.

Here's a nice Brooke my friend Kit caught.

Kit plays out another fish in the small stream wonderland we call "home".

One of several pools that were so nice to fish dry flies and emergers in during our fishing adventure.

To Be Continued.......