I've been fly fishing for a while but I'm always and still learning. My first rod/reel were a Cortland duo given as a departing gift by some truly good friends. I've outgrown that rod but still have it. Compared to todays offerings, it feels like a broom. My newest discovery is an Albright A-5 4wt/9ft/5pc rod- a Medium/Fast action rod. It is an absolute value. I own a very nice Sage SLT and a Winston BIIX (both Medium/Fast)and those rods definitely produce some beautiful casts. I mention this as a reference because that new Albright casts just as beautifully and effortlessly as both those high dollar rods. Do a google search on reviews on the Albright and you'll see what some pros had to say. I just smile as I see that 4wt fly my offering 70-80ft then drift down. The best part is... if your lucky you'll find some company overstock MSRP at $225 going for $135! That is the best deal of all! I myself will be buying another A-5 in a 5 wt this time to compliment my other faster winston rod. I do not have stock in that company, but this rod has to be cast to be believed. BTW, catching fish, only you can do that...