Thread: Warren P.'S "Art Work"

Threaded View

Default Warren P.'S "Art Work"

Got a chance to escape, for a late evening, couple of hours night before last and head for the lake across the street from my house.
    WarrenP had sent me, out of the kindness of his heart, a couple more of his "Killer Flies" that are also favorites of his own fishing trips and I was both, "anxious to try them out", and yet, "being tied so beautifully", I also feared for their loss!?!
    But, when Warren sends you his; "little works of art",(MY words for his flies, not HIS) he ALSO always includes a very nice letter explaining "rude, scary and extremely painful things, he'll do to your body if you DON'T fish his creations"!?! Doesn't leave one, much choice, but to fish them really.

So with the wind coming in off the ocean, just slightly less than a full blown hurricane, and me..........using only a 7'-6" 3wt. I worked my way around the lake to a leeward side cove, hoping something with fins would be lying there waiting for a free meal being blown onto the water by the wind.

On my second cast, with Warren's "Rubber Legged Spider/Popper" which is the best way I can describe the fly, a LM Bass, bent on suicide struck it.
    Per, Warren's instructions, I'd tossed the fly out and "just let it sit" for several minutes. After, that time, he'd said "twitch it,just a bit", which I did.

"On the "twitch" is when the Bass pictured below, hit the fly!
    The bass taking the fly seemed to awaken the rest of the lake and Henry and I fished until near total darkness, taking 20+ fish. Black Crappie, some smaller Bass some MUCH bigger, Bluegills and two completely lost and wayward Yellow Perch.

So, once again, one of WarrneP.'s "Killer flies" and the skill in which he ties them, have proven to be everything he claims they are, on his own waters in Tennessee.......... way out here, on the "Left Coast"!

"The first bass".

"Warren's Great Fly"
    Last edited by flybinder; 05-03-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson