Thread: Striper FF Show

Threaded View

Default Striper FF Show

I recently watched the "Dollar Wise Flyfishing Television Show". I was real impressed how well the Show was put together. The idea of the Show is to keep the cost of the fishing trip to a minimum. This Episode was about flyfishing for Stripers in the California Delta (Near Sacramento?
    The Host flew into Oakland Airport (He said it was cheaper than Sacramento). He rented a car and drove 40 minutes to Delta Yacht Harbor.
    Boat rental was about 300 dollars for 3 days.
    Tackle was a 9ft. 7 wt. Sage Rod with a Large Arbor Reel, loaded with a Shooting Head Sinking Line.
    Fly-A 60 degree Bent Eye Flash Tail Clouser & a White and Chartreuse Clouser.
    Technique- Two Fast Strips and Pause.
    Fishing Spots- Boat Docks located at the base of some very expensive homes. With the maybe 50 hp on the boat, they traveled many miles around the Delta. The Tide had some bearing on what water they fished.
    The two flyfishermen caught maybe 90 Stripers and a few Largemouth Bass. Stripers from 2- 10 lbs.
    Total cost of Trip- $1,112.00
    You might think that's expensive, but I thought it looked like a great Trip!
    These are only Notes on my part and maybe some California Members can add to this Post?
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 04-30-2008 at 04:22 AM.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.