Associated Press - April 28, 2008 6:04 PM ET
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources is seeking public input on a draft proposal that would allow anglers to have up to three lines in the water while fishing in Michigan.
The recreational fishing limit is now two single lines or rods, with exceptions allowing three for trout and salmon trolling on the upper Great Lakes.
The DNR says the fish population can handle having more lines in the water. Catch limits wouldn't change specifically because of this proposal.
But there are some questions about how well the human population could juggle three lines in certain circumstances such as ice fishing and pier fishing.
The DNR will collect public comments well into the summer. The earliest changes would take effect would be next year.(end quote)

Geesh!!! And I've always had trouble just watching my back cast with ONE FLY ROD!? As the article states..... "IF this passes the public input, it won't take effect until 2010" so unfortunately, at this year's Fish-In we won't be able to watch JC, Joe V., Sir Lord Hise, and The Master Of The Mossy... having a "3-Rod Shoot Out".

As their laws stand now, the most we'll see THIS YEAR, is them competing in the simple "Two Rod Shoot Out", which of course, is only "ONE rod per hand".

At the 2010, FI, I can't wait to see "how and where", the contestants will place that THIRD ROD to cast it!?