Thread: What's your favorite fly fishing tip!

Threaded View

Talking What's your favorite fly fishing tip!

I love to run across little tips and suggestions that seem to make a world of difference and make things go smooth. I actually have two I'd like to post.
    1. The super glue knot: I picked this one up at a fishing store. Soak the last 1/2 inch of your flyline in nail polish remover to soften the plastic coating. Use your fingernails to scrape the 1/2 inch off leaving the braided core. Use a bodkin to open up the hollow core a bit. snip a tiny bit off of your tapered leader at an angle and push it up into the core until it just begins to go into the section that still has the plastic coating, it won't go much further than that. Then simply put a couple of drops of zapagap on the exposed braided core. It will wick straight through the braid to the leader butt. When it dries, it's not going anywhere! I don't change tapered leaders that much so it works great for me and is a perfectly seamless transition.

2. the simplest are sometimes the best! LOL When putting the flyline through your guides, double ver teh tip of the flyline and push it through the guides. If you drop it like I do after every other quide, it won't slip back through all the guides.

I can't wait to hear what everyone else has come up with to make thingd EASIER! LOL
    Last edited by Harebear; 04-26-2008 at 01:43 AM.
    Hare

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati .... "When all else fails...Play dead"