One of my favorite places...the ashphalt turns to gravel then dirt...the path turns from mud to grass and it is quite, except for the racket all the birds and water fowl make.

Waded around with a small bugger probing for Gills...caught 30 or so, most about 6" with quite a few around 10" or so.

Decided on where to turn, switched to a size 8 Wooly Bugger with a long tail...picking up the Large Mouth Bass on the way back (about 10...small guys)...I have taken to calling this a reverse wade...dunno why, sounds technical but it simply keeps me from changing fly at spots that look more Bassy.

It's Gills in one direction, Bass in the other.

Thought of the guy who named this the Tick pond as I left and saw a young couple walking around each other in circles looking at their legs...didn't mistake it for a mating ritual, simply stated they better watch out for ticks in those woods with shorts on..."ugh...is that what these are?" They got in the car and left...stopping 20 feet later for one more leg check.

Great place, hardly anyone braves those ticks a second time and only a loon wears waders on a hot day like me...so, no ticks!