Thread: Fishing Sam's Confetti Fly

Threaded View

Default Fishing Sam's Confetti Fly

This fly, is another attempt at using my Granddaughter's "Fabric Paint" as a tying body material.
    The "tying" (if it can be called that, technically??), of this one and the "Gold Fish",(I've also, posted here, recently), are nearly identical, the only two exceptions being the paint color, of course and the tail of this fly is made with "Hareline Ice Wing Fiber-Lt.Blue Pearl Smolt", instead of the Ice Wing Fiber-"Copper", used on the "Gold Fish".

In four hours of fishing today, Sam and I between us, took a 23 fish assortment of; Black Crappie, Bluegill,Yellow Perch and a single, suicidal, 9" LM Bass.

Again, we fished Cullaby Lake, by the house here, which is also a "dumping ground" for the ODFW hatchery breeding program.
    So, I'm nearly positive, that Sammy also hooked into one of the large hatchery plants using this fly.
    When the fish struck, she set the hook. The fish did not take too kindly to her actions and headed off down the middle of the lake.
    When her backing was beginning to show, the fish suddenly put on one, last,burst of speed and popped her 5X tippet against the drag, as if made of sewing thread!!?

Her "typical fisherman's comments", made when her line was left floating slack upon the lake's surface, will remain a "secret" between her and her Gampa, forever.
    I don't have a CLUE as to "where she learned such words, to use at such a time as this", but I can only imagine,it was probably her Grama!?!

Regardless, here's the "Confetti Fly" of Sam's creation.............

And, if you want to try and make either, the "Gold Fish" or the "Confetti Fly"... this is the fabric paint we're using.

"Gampa" I guess, SHOULD prove that Sammy exists!?!
    Hope, this comes out, alright!?
    Last edited by flybinder; 04-25-2008 at 05:06 AM.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson