+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter (??) on the Bow

1. Default Winter (??) on the Bow

It's been a wierd last week. It went from 20 degrees celcius last thursday, to snowing every day since then. Not fishing in a week was starting to get to me. Usually this is the time of the year that i'll be fishing ponds for the last month, and most of them are still frozen solid.

After fishing all night in my dreams, i decided it had been long enough without a line in the water, so went out today. Second cast hooked a pig, busted me off, third cast i got into a little rainbow. After that it died down for quite a while, and when it did pick up i was off my game from not fishing so long, and went about 65% for fish hooked and landed.

Nothing to really report as for flies, as they all took different things

Was bloody-bloody cold out there, colder then 90% of the days i fished in january and february...the weathernetwork says feels like -8 degrees centigrade with the wind in calgary...unluckily, the wind was double the speed downstream in an open plain
    heres my last rainbow, a gooder to finish the day and my first picture with my new camera (Olympus 850SW)

Brent -

Good way to get started with your new camera. Nice fish and nice picture.

You aren't the only folks having a strange "spring." Temps and conditions down here are all over the place from day to day.

But it can't last much longer, right ????????

John

I had pretty much decided to get that 850sw IF I got a waterproof camera. Decided to go low tech for the time being, but will upgrade to the 850sw one of these days. Hope to see a lot more neat photos from yours in the coming months.
    The fish are always right.

Well earned bows for sure with those temps and weather...
    Here in the hills we've had 25" of rain in 24 days, lot of blowing water, but NO snow like you.
    70 today
    Last edited by catman; 04-25-2008 at 03:25 AM. Reason: none
    I was born at night, but not last night.
    Odds are with the prepared...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Brent -

Good way to get started with your new camera. Nice fish and nice picture.

You aren't the only folks having a strange "spring." Temps and conditions down here are all over the place from day to day.

But it can't last much longer, right ????????

John

I had pretty much decided to get that 850sw IF I got a waterproof camera. Decided to go low tech for the time being, but will upgrade to the 850sw one of these days. Hope to see a lot more neat photos from yours in the coming months.

Wouldn't mind having the 1030SW, for 100bucks more its a pretty good deal. Get another 2 MP, and its waterproof to 33 feet instead of 10

Brent -

By the time my wife finishes school for her R.N. degree ( about a year from now ) and is once again employed, the 1030sw will have been upgraded to about a 1530sw and be a hundred bucks less than you paid for the 850sw.

So I guess I can be patient for a while longer.

Then I can start posting some really nice photos of the fish we have down here, and some wildlife photos that do justice to that part of fishing, too.

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread