+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NC Fly Fishing

Default NC Fly Fishing

Hello,
    I'm new to this site, this is my first post . My question is are there any Carolinians here? On sat 4-19-2008 I caught my first flounder on fly, and I'm still exited about it, this is my third year and I think I'm sunk cause I don't even think about my conv. gear first any more.

Justice League Guest

greenville, sc hear but I am heading your way in about 4 weeks.

I was living in Wilmington until last June when I got out of the military. The saltwater fly fishing is great around there. Have you had the chance to get back into some of the creeks and hunt for reds and trout? There are some great spots around on the intracoastal. I'll be heading that way in early June. Let me know of you want to wet a line.

troutfishr, First I want to welcome you to the site. I am not a North Carolinian, but I am not far being a Tennesseeian. So we may fish some of the same waters if you ever get over to the west side of NC. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

I am in Miami but I did live on the Outer Banks and am related to most of Wanchese...my dads family are all from Kitty Hawk...I love to flounder fish and am thinking back to the day...congratulations on the great catch and surely more will follow

Default from NC

I live in Greensboro, and make it to the coast when I can. We go to Sunset beach fairly often, which is unfortunately not the best place in the world to fish, but there are days when it is okay. I have fished some spots on the obx as well--cape lookout, oregon inlet, bodie island lighthouse, etc...

Russ

I try to make a couple trips a year to n.c.---I just got back from a striper trip in the roanoke river and usually try to get up to cape lookout for albie fishing in the fall---last albie trip was great---12-15# albies ---lots of action
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

+ Reply to Thread