I see many strange things while walking along the river...but this evening's was a most unusual sight. There, up to his butt in the old Chemung River stood a fisher on crutches with his left arm in some kind of apparatus. He had a funny cast hard to describe and reeling seemed to be an awkward chore.

Dang! Thats my neighbor who only a few weeks ago crash dived from the second story to the ground along with his ladder, paint bucket and other accessories.

Broken arm and pelvis, busted ribbs and I don't know what else but there was much more.

I knew he was back from the hospital but the talk just a short while ago was that he wouldn't be able to go back to work when school starts. He's a teacher!

The pull of the river is evidently stronger than the desire for bed rest! If I were his Doctor I'd tell him "Whatever you're doin',keep doin' it".

I apologized for not recognizing him (he didn't look the same on those crutches and his arm in that rigging).

He mumbled something about having to use spinning tackle instead of his fly rod.

Now, ain't that something?

Ol' Bill

[This message has been edited by snipe (edited 27 August 2005).]