This thread has been idle for too long.

Earlier this week, I tied up yet another variation of the Schminnows mentioned a couple of posts earlier in this thread.

For the eyes, I used solid/dumbell eyes (I wanted a bit more weight than bead chain gives since it's hollow).

For the tail, I used a single strand off one of those weenie balls. I threaded it onto the hook like you would do if you were putting a real worm on the hook. that kept it well centered and straight back when I tied it down (if you tie on top of the hook, the weenie ball strand wants to stick out perpendicular to the hook when you tighten down on the thread).

Threading it onto the hook was "interesting". That stuff is really squishy but after a few tries, I got the hang of it.

Naturally, I don't have them handy and didn't take any pictures (yet). I'll fix that soon-ish.

I figure the tail won't get as skinny as marabou does when being pulled through the water, but will still be very wiggly when the fly moves, pauses, etc.

The heavier eyes were desired in part to counteract any buoyancy added by the tail material. And, the weightier eyes vs. the buoyant tail would give it more up/down motion as the fly is retrieved/paused/retrieved/etc.