+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luck of the Irish???

Hybrid View

Talking Luck of the Irish???

We had the festival here in Va. this weekend, Dotman had a good show, We met Ol#art and Wayne B., good folks, now for that Tuber guy, He comes down here with his world famous fudge, says his tying ain't much, gets many compliments from strangers on his tied ants, I take him to Mossy Creek which has a reputaion for skunking anglers, within a couple of hrs, he's caught 4 browns, then the next day he's won a $400.00 dollar value drawing on the raffles at the show, luck of the Irish, I don't know, but I sure was happy that this little FAOL fishin (thats what I called it) we had down here went so well....

Tim
    Last edited by Grubb; 04-21-2008 at 09:23 AM.

The Buckeye Bandit called me on his cell while he and Dotman were headed out for big 'ol juicy steak to celebrate his good fortune, and I got to hear the details of how he was the star of the show. I guess we'll have to put him back in his rightful place once he checks back into the Island Nation of Ohio. Until then, he's YOUR problem!

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    We had the festival here in Va. this weekend, Dotman had a good show, We met Ol#art and Wayne B., good folks, now for that Tuber guy, He comes down here with his world famous fudge, says his tying ain't much, gets many compliments from strangers on his tied ants, I take him to Mossy Creek which has a reputaion for skunking anglers, within a couple of hrs, he's caught 4 browns, then the next day he's won a $400.00 dollar value drawing on the raffles at the show, luck of the Irish, I don't know, but I sure was happy that this little FAOL fishin (thats what I called it) we had down here went so well....

Tim

He's smiling like the butcher's dog! All the way back too the Buckeye too.

Yep! I got "THE CALL", from The Vise Varmint" LAST NIGHT, and after 20 seconds on the phone, I'd have sworn I was talking to Lee Wulff!??

"Yeah......................he begins.................. "Great, trip!! I KNEW, when I came up here, to "Virginy", I'd have my hands full trying to teach these backwoods hillbillies "How to fly fish and how to tie flies, properly"! Hand my hands full, I did, considering the lack of intelligence, (compared to my OWN, Paul!), of these guys, so I had to go out on one of their local "so-called streams" and show 'em all how it's done!
    You know, how it is, Paul................. first they want my autograph, naturally, then they drool chewy tobac juice into my fly box, when I open it and show 'em all what REALLY well tied flies look like! The fish'in part was easy though, I didn't even try hard, just did my usual expert casting and working the fly like always, nothing to it.
    Took a dozen or more, is some local drainage ditch, the locals call "Mossy Creek" that I was told, "was tough". "Tough"?? Paul, I almost FELL ASLEEP, fishing was so easy!
    Well, I gotta go, for now, few local fellows are waiting for my autograph and to have their pictures taken with me, so they can brag to their friends I guess!?
    Oh, yeah, my fudge was also, well received! Had several offers for $50.00 a pound, but I couldn't charge these poor folks that much, feel'in sorry for them, never having had REAL fudge before.
    There's also talk of me being on the local morning talk show, tomorrow, but I may have to pass that, by. Gotta get home.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just got home...have to eat & unpack, but I'll respond more later.It WAS a fun & LUCKY weekend indeed!! I must admit that the gentlemen who complimented me on my red butt epoxy ants probably need eye exams, but compliments are still nice.
    I didn't expect anything nice from that certain "left-coaster"......heck, he's still burnin' about being deported from the great Nation of Ohio!
    You'll all be happy to know that upon arriving home, I locked my keys in the Jeep, the spare set were misplaced at the shop by Molly's Dan the last time he worked on it, found, but not yet returned to me, so it's gonna be awhile until I unpack!!!....Where's my luck NOW???
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike,
    I am happy to hear about your good luck! I hope you get in your Jeep soon!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    You'll all be happy to know that upon arriving home, I locked my keys in the Jeep, the spare set were misplaced at the shop by Molly's Dan the last time he worked on it, found, but not yet returned to me, so it's gonna be awhile until I unpack!!!....Where's my luck NOW???
    Mikey
    I believe they call that your "comeuppance." Kind of takes you off cloud nine and gets you ready for the beating you'll take on the Au Sable in just 10 short weeks. I'm not even going to open a fly box with that crowd. I'll just work out of a brown paper bag in my shirt pocket. Between HRH Betty and St Paul, we won't be able to hold a candle to the tying and fishing of those folks.

Oh... welcome home, Mikey. Good to have you back in the Island Nation of Ohio.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

flybinder----
    You really mean he said all of that stuff about me? Nawwww, couldn't have. Tobacco chewin' hillbilly. Well, Darn. Now I don't know what to say.

He couldn't be all that bad cause his fudge WAS pretty good. At least the wife hasn't gotten sick from it yet. It was probably the peanut butter in it that gave me gas.

flybinder, with you living on the left side it was a little too far for you to venture over this way and unfortunately you missed a good show. My big suprise was watching the fisherpeople catching trout out of the river that I remembered as the most polluted mess that you have ever seen.

Enjoyed getting together with you guys.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Old #art View Post
    My big suprise was watching the fisherpeople catching trout out of the river that I remembered as the most polluted mess that you have ever seen.
    I'll bet you never had a river that caught fire. We added a whole new meaning to "polluted" with that fiasco. We've had at least 10 recorded fires on that river, and the 1969 fire was reported as "another routine river fire." It was under control in 30 minutes. Today we have steelhead migrating up that river, despite not being stocked.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread