To complete the package my brother started by giving me 2 fly reels I started looking at rods and such.

First... I decided to replace my venerable 5 wt and in my search I looked for the word "forgiving" in descriptions, since my casting is mostly self taught and could use some work. Two rods that came to light were the TFO 9' 5 wt ($89.95) and the Redington 9' 5/6 wt ($59.00). Given that my Web name pretty much says for what I fish and the fact I live in Western Kentucky, and will only occasionaly see, much less fish Trout water, which rod would be a better match?

I really didn't look at rods much more expensive since I don't think that at my skill level I could tell or appreciate the difference. I would however consider something else if the wise who lurk here could offer another suggestion.

Second..... Fly lines. I have used either inexpensive new or second hand fly lines. (did you know you can buy brand new WF lines for less than $10?). I again found a line touted to be for the improving caster, a SA Mastery Headstart. Not terribly expensive at $35, but again would welcome suggestions.

Thanks for your time.
Clint