When I read JC's article on saving and spending money, I thought to myself, "That doesn't exactly work for broke people." I love the idea that someone would be able to just spend and not have any worries about it. When I spend money though, I really have to pay attention to what I'm doing. If I spend too much, or pay certain bills at the wrong time, I could end up being as broke as when I started. So I'm trying to watch what I spend, but it doesn't always work out.

In the past two weeks, I've made some purchases that could have waited. For example a book called "The Fly Angler's Identifier." Now some of you may be saying, "That's a good purchase." I totally agree with you. BUT, now that I have the book, I am left with very little to buy hooks with. So now I have a book that tells me how to tie these flies and not enough hooks to tie them on. And to top it off, I lack all the materials needed to tie the flies I want to. Well I can pick up various materials at Walmart and possibly some hooks too, though all the hooks they have here are size 8 and larger.

Also I am sitting here with a rod that is completely wrapped and ready to finish, but I decided not to use the finish that came with the kit. After a quick test with it and a few questions, I decided it was best not to use it. Now this was just poor planning. You know the saying, "Proper planning prevents poor performance." Similar, but not the same. Had I been thinking about it sooner, I would have ordered better finish when I ordered the kits. Thankfully, I have it ordered now.

So, that is my situation. If I don't advance fast enough in this hobby/sport/passion whatever you like to call it, it's because I just don't have the money at the moment....