Here's that new guy again... in particular trying to figure out what flies might be needed for the kind of fishing I anticipate doing. I've picked up matching cheapie 5WT rods and reels for me and my wife, Vicki. (I know, but I hate to spend a lot of money to find out if she won't like it. Though I've got to admit she's intrigued about tying flies... me too, but that's a whole 'nuther thread.) Added backing, DT5F line from Cabela's, and a tapered 4x leader. Sound reasonable?

So, my usual spot for dunkin' eggs and spinnin' is the Clinch River tailwaters. More than likely we're not talking dry flies, right? Any suggestions?

My favorite spots for hiking and a bit of fishing are either in the Smoky Mountains or down by Tellico (Tellico, North and Bald Rivers). I suspect I'm going to want a shorter and lighter rod for fishing these kinds of rivers, eventually (you guys were right, its a train!). But, what are we talking about for flies here?

Or is there some other resource I should check out? I've been reading Orvis' book and the LL Bean "Ultimate Book of Fly Fishing", but that isn't going to tell me about a particular area like this.

Thanks!
JohnR