My sister-in-law, who is a saint by virtue of putting up with my brother (another fly angler) is a wizard at finding things for sale on the web. Well today I received a package with two brand new Redington reels. An AL 3/4 and a AS 3/4, both in bright gold.

I imediately went to the web and could not find much information about the AS or AL series as it seems like this line was discontinued. There are couple of black ones on EBAY but not much info.

The AS looks like a good 4-7 wt reel but the AL is HUGE. Not real tall but w i d e .

Can anybody shed some light on these reels or point me in a direction where I can find out specs and capacities?

As an aside, I have always been a Bargain Basement type of equipment buyer till my brother made me a 2/3 weight from a Loop blank and gifted me with it and a STH reel. He later gave me 6 ft 3/4 Cortland when I mentioned I did not have stream rod. My decades old Abu-Garcia 5 wt now pales in comparison to these rods. I guess I will have to buy some upscale rods to go with my new reels. I think I will start looking at the TFO rods that so many here on the BB admire.

Now I understand my daughters when they got new shoes and then had to have a new purse and a skirt and blouse to go with the new shoes..

Edited to add images:

------------------
Wise men still seek HIM...

[This message has been edited by Bluegill Budd (edited 25 August 2005).]