As some of you know I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. When I went to the doc on that fateful day near the end of February I determined to take control of my disease and face things head on. Well, today I returned to the doc and here is the update:

In that span of time, just over 30 days, I have lost 30 pounds, bored three new holes in my belt to tighten it up and lost at least one pants size. My blood glucose has come down to the low 100's and it is not fluctuating as much as it was. I can walk 6 miles and feel like a million bucks afterward. My blood pressure and cholesterol are good. I am sleeping much better. I feel like a new man. Amy and I quit smoking in September. It feels great to be able to breathe again! Doc is elated and so am I!
Amy has really been a tremendous help in the dieting area. She is also out walking now too. That's no small feat for someone that has had 3 cervical discs removed and has herniated discs in her thoracic and lumbar back. I am so proud of her!

Today I got my new set of wheels and I will take Amy out to pick out her own set.

By the way, Amy has been talking about going fly fishing and paddling with me. She thinks we will have fun doing these things together. I agree!

You folks gave me great advice and support. I am in your debt. I am so very grateful to you all. Thank you!