I'm a over 50 guy, born and raised within 50 miles north or south of the OR/CA border.
I was brought up, like a lot of us, to see carp as undesireables....encouraged as a youngster to kill 'em whenever we caught one. Never had I ever heard of anyone actually
going out and fishing for them. I have seen entire lakes poisoned and then later restocked to get rid of them in the past. Well, now......here at FAOL I've seen photos of very large carp not only caught by our members, but bragged up! And I've read post after post really singing the praises of carp as a targeted fish for fly fishers. I understand they're great fighters, and every bit as wily as many "traditional" game fish. As I've gotten older, I've discovered many things I was taught were , well, wrong... It seems the carp issue was one of them. I recently read, somewhere here, as well they are pretty tasty table fare when prepared properly. Another myth blown!! I'm sure I'm not alone in recovering from this and many other erroneous mindsets...... Now I want to hear more........about flys, methods, the whole deal...for carp, and what is "properly prepared" in regards to having them for the evening meal???? I'm ready for a carp expedition ...............ModocDan