+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking in from SE Alberta

Default Checking in from SE Alberta

Just wanted to say howdy from SE Alberta. I have been flyfishing/tying flies for 30 plus years. Started out in Newfoundland, cut my flyfishing/tying teeth on Atlantic Salmon, have fished in Manitoba, Alberta and Ontario and parts of the US.
    Not many folks associate SE Alberta with fishing of any kind, it's kind of dry here, but we do have a spot or two that hold trout, pike, walleye and goldeye. Of course, the Bow and Crowsnest Rivers are only a day trip away so....
    I have been visiting the FAOL website for a number of years, great site, just recently decided to join the forum.
    As well as flyfishing/tying, I enjoy hunting and wilderness camping.

WELCOME, Whiskyjack!
    Glad you finally decided to sign up and join in! I hope you'll like it here. Lots of great folks and great fly fishing info!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Howdy from cross the border in BC.

Your right about that, I have been thru that country and never struck me as being a huge fishing area. It was the 1960s and I went thru on my motorcycle during a hailstorm. Needless to say I did not stop and fish. lol

If your near enough you should try to get to the Idaho Fish in in Lowell next September. Its a hoot.

PS The WhiskyJack is BC's Provincial Bird. Camp Robber/Grey Jay
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 04-15-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Welcome aboard. I wish I could say a Warm Welcome from Tennessee but it's 36 degrees this am!

Whiskyjack -

Welcome and greetings from SE Idaho.

Haven't been to your part of Alberta, but the western part of the Province is worth a day trip just about any day of the year, just for the scenery. Unless, of course, you try it on a motorcycle in a hailstorm.

There is a SW Alberta Fish-In planned for this summer. Wish I could make it to that one, but I don't think it will be in the cards, this year. Maybe next year.

The Idaho Fish-In in September will turn Lowell into the second largest city in Idaho, at least for a week. Be some very interesting characters there.

John
    The fish are always right.

Smile

Welcome aboard Sir! Sounds like you have a great deal of experience to offer...

Tim

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Greetings from So. Oregon ! Glad to have ya, Whiskeyjack!.............ModocDan

Welcome aboard, Whiskyjack. If you've been perusing the site for a couple years you know there are some fine folks here. Don't forget about the evening chatroom sessions. Lots of good hearted folks swapping lie....fishing tales.

Thanks all for the welcome. I've been looking around for a great flyfishing/tying forum and I feel this one is as good as they come. I'm certain I'll enjoy my visits and I hope I can add a little to the atmosphere.
    Gnu Bee Flyer- went with whiskyjack as I have been called a social character around the campfire much like the "camp robber" but I usually travel with a bit of Glenfiddich which I've been known to share a drop or two of.

Hi Whiskeyjack,

Hello from Nova Scotia, i just joined here too and it is a very informative and entertaining place. Hope you like it.

Glenfidditch is my early May fishing tonic. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread