YOU know what the link takes you to because you have already seen it, but nobody else who clicks on it does UNTIL they click. Make life easier on readers, and give enough information in the message so that we know enough about the link to decide whether it is something we want to visit or not. PLEASE don't just say something like "Read this, you will love it!" or "Great news!" or "Awesome picture" or "Get involved". In the past ten minutes I have found two threads that I backed away from SOLELY because the message gave me absolutely no idea what the link was to.

"Latest fishing video" means a lot less to many than "home video of a 10 year old kid catching a 24" brown trout" and "Link to an inspirational story about how [insert name of deity here] saved this person's life" gives me much more info than "This brightened my day".

Is it too much to ask? Call me a grinch if you will, but I GUARANTEE you I won't be clicking on any links that are mysteries to me, which means I am NOT getting your message.