+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Look Out Idaho!!

Hybrid View

Talking Look Out Idaho!!

If God's willin' and the Creek don't rise I'll be attending the Idaho Fish-In with my brother from Worley, ID. He manages (Idaho Forest Ranger) the Hayburn State Park up on Lake Coeur D'Alene and has just emailed me that he has the end of September free and would love to join us.
    I haven't seen him for about 10 years and I'll also be turning 69 that week! Wooo Haaa!! It's been a long time since the Hise boy's have been togather!!
    He once told our mother that he wanted to grow up to be "Just Like Me!". The next day her hair had turned gray and she could only say "Why Me, Why Me??"
    All I have to do is survive the Michigan Fish-In and a few weeks.
    Aw rats! What am I going to to the next year when I hit the Seven O?
    Just do it again I guess!!

Sir Lord Bubba Hise;
    It's super, that you and your bro' are getting together after all this time! It's also nice to know that since you HAVE a brother, in the Forest Service, your folks had one child they could be proud of!
    I also, have an older brother, (by three years) and his usual explanation of "Paul, his younger brother", is "A perfect example, showing why lions often eat their own young".
    But, what can ya' say................. he was born in Ohio and doesn't fly fish.

Speaking of the Mich. and Id., Fish Ins........... Sammy's mother and Grama have been reading a lot of recent posts on here. As Sammy's Grama put it.............. "Being married to YOU, and knowing the "element" you hang out with; we're making SURE that it's SAFE to let Samantha go along on these two trips with you!!"
    Hmmmmmm, "ELEMENTS"? Are we truly, "ELEMENTS" and not merely, "Fun, wonderful, great, upstanding gents" of the fly fishing fraternity!?
    So, far, it seems that:
    "Warren seems so sweet and a lovely man, I think Samantha would have a lot of fun with him!"
    "Your friend, Jack, seems to love to fish a lot, so he's probably okay and can maybe teach Sam some things about fishing".
    "The Mike Ohio Tube one, is obviously a good Grandfather, so he's okay I'm sure!"
    "Who is the one, that wears his Superman pajamas when he's fishing?"
    "Joe is sure a seemingly sweet man, he makes Sam laugh a lot".
    '
    So, these are the comments I'm getting bits and pieces of, so far, as the two trips draw closer, Jack.
    I'm sure, with you, myself and your brother along we can no doubt ruin every silly theory these two women have!?
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Flybinder, just don't tout these trips as educational. It wouldn't do for the ladies to begin thinking about what a child could learn from the NBFAOL. Prevarication, fish-kicking, eating spam.....etc. Enjoy fishing with Jack. I always have.

Jim

Jack -

For sure the creek will rise**, but it will probably settle down by mid-September.

Two things to keep in mind when in Idaho, on the Selway or Lochsa - no stocked fish, and nobody kicks our native and wild cutthroat trout.

John

** In mid Octoter '05, I believe it was, the Selway was running about 500 CFS, the Lochsa was at about 300 CFS, and the Clearwater was around 1000 CFS. In late October, a BIG storm rolled across Washington State into the Bitterroots, dropping a wee bit of rain. Almost overnight, thirty six hours at most, the Creek did RISE - the Selway went to something over 20,000 CFS, the Lochsa to over 10,000 CFS, and the Clearwater over 35,000 CFS.
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

Good grief! What kind of characters show up to these things?

Oh, wait, that would include me.

Hope to see you there, Jack. Come hell or high gas prices I fully intent to return.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hope to meet you and your brother In Idaho this fall Jack.
    Maybe he has the answer to where you went wrong.
    Someone somewhere must know.

For a good look at the calm waters of the Lochsa where we fish I have included a link to for you to peruse . This is where we wade over to the far side of the river.
    Plus there is a shot of DG fishing from his pontoon , Its the first green toon you see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7GtT...eature=related

The serenity of this river is unmatched for a quiet days fishing.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 04-14-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread