an unfortunate event has happened in the growing town of Greenville, SC today

the well known (to locals) fly shop Foothills Fly Fishing is going out of business

as one of thier customers, i would like to thank Bill and Chuck for thier service to me in teaching me the fine art of fly tying. they have been my friends for 4 of the 20 some-odd years the shop has been kept and were always willing to help out if you didn't have the funds for something. they have been good to me and other young people joining the brotherhood of the Flies. i realized how much an impact they have on young people when i ran across a 8 year-oldish boy who told me of the fishing trip he took friday and the fish he caught on his flies. i also see thier impact on people when i see the pictures posted on the walls and the notes that people write about how "the fishing was great thanks to your help with my casting" or "the flies you sold me today caught this" with a picture of a smiling angler and a big fish. we will all miss the two guys and i ask you all to take off your hats and put up a thank you for what they did.

thank you chuck and Bill
devoted casters, tiers, and friends

Jordan - Dryfly