+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rude, Rude, Rude

A nice pleasant 75 here today. Of course, it'll be about 40 in the morning.
    Be luck if we don't all catch cold.

When I read the title, I thought maybe Rick had been giving swimming lessons, again.

Kirk

78 degrees today (hottest of the year) and my FAOL hat saved me!
    Coming back to 50's reality monday.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I just got in from 9 hrs of fishing the flats with a client for bonefish...a little windy but the water was still 78 and the temp mid 80's

Default ice

Quote Originally Posted by white43 View Post
    Hey lighten up down there! We still have two feet of ice on our lakes and three inches of snow on the ground. JGW
    hey if there is still two feet of ice, then at least you can ice fish...
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

Let's see My son caught a fish on the 8 wt I gave him. Got a new casting book. Got Dick Talluers Book, got Poul Jorgensens book , and one by John Gierach. Got permission to fish my favorite pond. Who cares what the weather is. Dan

Default Went Out in Spite of the Crummy Weather

Last evening I went out for a bit of fishing even though the weather was cold enough that my fingers were freezing after only about 20 minutes of fishing and it was spitting snow. I fully expected to catch nothing and just have some casting practice. Much to my surprise and delight I caught a limit of rainbow trout the DNR had planted last week and what's even better I caught my first fish on a fly I tied myself.
    The killer fly was a size 8 black woolly bugger and the fly I tied myself was a size 12 or 14 hare's ear nymph.
    I am one happy camper

Default hate to tell ya

it's in the 90's here in cali this weekend with low to mid 80's at the beach

Rick,

If today's chilly wind wasn't coming out of the north and gusting to 30-mph everyone in Lamoni, IA could hear me whining from way down here in Kansas. Mama Nasty has been really sticking it to us this spring. Lawrence is looking at a low of 21-degrees tonight.

And now...back to my TV set and the Masters golf tournament. I don't care who wins, it just makes me feel better seeing people in the gallery wearing lightweight clothing.

Joe

Is the grass green, Joe? I'm afraid to look. JGW

In Augusta, GA the grass is green; on TV it looks like an emerald carpet. You can also see fish rising in the little ponds adjacent to the putting greens. Early birds for the evening hatch, I presume.

+ Reply to Thread