+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GPS Protection

Hybrid View

Default GPS Protection

Here is a Link about protecting your portable GPS.http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/25408
    Comments at bottom of the page.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Doug, when you post links like this (and you do it often) could you , maybe, give us a leeeeetle more information as to what is at the other end? Protection from what? Theft? Damage when dropped? Use by AQ as a targeting device for missiles? Naked mole rats? I for one don't go to a link without knowing a bit more about what is at the other end.

DG

DG,
    I apologize! I should have stated "Theft" protection.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug,
    After getting my Garmin StreetPilot C340, I immediately bought 2 more things...
    1) The Garmin dash mount...even though my 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport doesn't have what you would call a "full" or "flat" dash, it rides well. There are no marks left after removal..just lift off & put it away.
    2) A video camera case (purposely NOT a Garmin or GPS case). It holds the Garmin & ALL accessories & doesn't give away the brand name or what it is. I put the cased GPS on the vehicle floor, covered by a folded dark blue (matches MY Jeep floor color) cheapie fleece blanket that I always keep in the Jeep. I also case it BEFORE I stop & park.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

Go online to the manufacturers web site and register the device. Makes warranty service much easier and provides additional records of your unit model and serial numbers.

Blog Entries

Heck, *I* can't find my GPS, so there is no way a bad guy could. It's in one fo these packs, or behind the seat of the truck, or at work, or in the work truck, or maybe in the rifle case... Aw, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Heck, *I* can't find my GPS, so there is no way a bad guy could. It's in one fo these packs, or behind the seat of the truck, or at work, or in the work truck, or maybe in the rifle case... Aw, I dunno.
    Mine's still at the store. I can find it anytime I want to, if I want to.
    The fish are always right.

Thumbs up

nighthawk Guest

How about a "Trunk Monkey"?

use the security code feature to activate GPS. This won't prevent theft, but it will prevent thieves from using it

+ Reply to Thread