Hi I am a newbie to this fly fishing gig so I hope my question doesn?t seem too dumb .
I have been reading everything I can get my hands on prior to the fishing season which mercifully is drawing near .

I read from an article by Marv Taylor regarding large arbour reels.
In which he said .
Large arbour reels , the large hub allows rapid retrieve of fly line, reduces pressure on the tippet, reduces line coil, and improves line control. These large arbour reels are fast becoming the standard among discriminating fly fishermen.

Lord knows I?d like to be known as discriminating .
However in an article by James Castwell he said in regards to large arbour reels -?Oh, I will leave you with a question. Which reel can you wind line with the fastest, a large diameter one or a smaller one? (I hate myself when I do these things). (No I don't).
Remember, you can make smaller circles...faster than you can make bigger ones. Think about it. ~ ?
I suppose this was to make us think , which it did , which is why I am now really confused about the whole thing . So which is better , regular sized reel or large arbour .

Anyway I have a rod - reel combination . I flyfish the smaller lakes so I chose a 5 weight combo with 2 extra line spools in the mid quality range with good quality lines .

I fish for Pinks, Sockeye , Chum and Coho on occasion and plan to buy about a #7-8 rod-reel .
Would you recommend a regular reel or a large arbour for that size combo?