+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's a New Guy Introduce Himself?

Default Where's a New Guy Introduce Himself?

I didn't see a section here to introduce yourself... if there is one and I missed it, forgive me. Otherwise, here I go...

I must humble myself and say that I've been a worm dunker and spin caster for years now. But, I have seen the light... and now am trying to figure out whether or not its a train.

Had a fly rod years ago. Dad taught me an overhead cast, but exhausted his knowledge with that. His father was the flyfisherman. After moving to Tennessee I tried it out on trout. Didn't know what I was doing and soon gave it up. Love going to the Clinch tailwaters, or Great Smoky Mountains National Park, or Tellico River for trout. If I don't catch 'em... heck, being outdoors with that scenery is wonderful!!

Wife never fished but has since gotten caught up in trout fishing too. Seeing some of the guys fly casting caught our attention. Got some cheap fly rods and are going to give it a go. Got to get some flies soon as I have a chance to talk with some local guys.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Best,
    JohnR

Smile

Well John, you seem to have wandered into the perfect spot. I am sorry that you have sucked yourself into the wallet emptying sport of flyfishing (I buy flies and gear rather than food since I can eat fish anyway ) but since you are interested you might as well be here.

Welcome aboard!!!!

I have checked a lot of online sites for advice and the folks on here are handsdown the best I have heard from yet. Good luck and tight lines.

Geoff

Blog Entries

John, Welcome from Idaho.

Eric

John,
    Welcome from the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Jeff

JohnR,

Welcome aboard from the left coast!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard from British Columbia.

PS; It is a train!! It's pulling many cars filled with fly fishing supplies such as , tying materials, rod building kits, furling boards, rods, reel, lines, and numerous other cars all filled with stuff you absolutly need to satisfy this new addiction of yours. It is all before you grasshopper watch and observe.

By the way your off to a good start because this is the place to introduce yourself.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Smile Welcome John!

Welcome to the best BB on the Internet. Not only have you found a bunch of friendly, helpful folks but you've got all the information you need to get started fly fishing and eventually to start making your owe flies. Don't be a stranger. Let us hear from you regularly---questions, comments, insights---all are welcome. 8T

Smile

Hi JohnR!!
    nam

Welcome John. You'll have to come over this way some day and fish the Duck or the Elk.

Hi John and a warm Welcome from central KY.

The Cumberland is a great place to fish as well, so give me a shout if you plan on making a trip to that fishery.
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~

+ Reply to Thread