I used the Fishpond Gore Range last season and I loved it. I picked the Gore Range over other Fishpond products because I wanted vertical pockets and because the Gore Range did not have the hard shell fold down tray. I thought that the hard shells stuck out farther than the soft shells on my Gore Range. I wear mine over a .44 in a chest holster and I still don't feel like it is in my way.

I prefer the C&F fly inserts to the Fishpond model, so I removed the Fishpond inserts and put velcro in the fold down trays and on the C&F fly insert and use them instead. I have one for dry flies and nymphs on one side and one for streamers on the other.

I also use the Simms Master Vertical Vest and the Simms Mess vest. Which one I will use depends on the type of fishing. The Gore Range is especially good for fishing streamers, nymphs, and egg imitations. I use the Simms a lot for stillwater fishing.

I just added the Fishpond Waterdance (20% off) for lake shore fishing and added the Fishpond Wastach (30% off) over the winter for hike in grayling trips.

I think that Fishpond products are very well made and very functional.