+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving from spot to spot

Default Driving from spot to spot

Does everyone keep their boots vest and waders on when if they have to drive from spot to spot? Found it hard to work the brake with those boats on my feet.ha!
    Janus

Of course you know what I'm going to suggest ...

Take off the boots and waders, and treat them with a bleach solution, so that you're not taking microbes of yucky stuff (didymo, etc) with you from place to place. Spray on a simple solution on the waders, and let the boots soak in solution between stops. It won't kill them all, but it will certainly cut down on the possibilities.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Only if I am staying on the same body of water! Who needs a brake anyway

Cuidado for traveling crap on the waders!!!

I keep boots and waders on while driving from hole to hole. Of course, I've got a Toyota truck with 175,000+ miles on it. I refer to it as my fishing truck. I'm not worried about the seats getting wet or the floors getting dirty.

I'll frequently drive home in the winter wearing my boots and waders, and my jeep has a manual transmission. You just have to be certain you're about to hit the correct pedal.

I leave mine on when going from spot to spot as long as I am on the same stream. If I change location I will take them off.

Rocky

Real men don't wear waders or boots !

Shorts, and bare feet is the real way to do it. Unless of course you're fishing urban rivers which could have broken glass, barbed wire and G.I Joes that can damage your feet. Then it's ok to wear a pair of wool socks or something.

Like others have said...I'll keep it all on when driving from spot to spot. Well, sometimes I'll take off the vest if I'm using one. You know just as well as I do (and every other parent with little kids)your fishing time is precious. Whos has time to change? And the brake? I'm using driving as fast as humanly possible to get to the river or between spots and don't bother with the brake. Just throw it into neutral and jump out. By the time you have your vest back on and your rod put back together, the car will have hopefully come to a complete stop and you can grab the keys and get back in the water!
    Leave No Trace

Default Lazy guy

I put on the whole outfit before I leave the house and wear it on the way home, too. Unless I really "mud up" I just leave it on. Love to stop at the grocery on the way home, what a Babe magnet I am in my waders. I've driven over an hour wearing it all and I find it very comfortable - they are breathable.

Unless of course you're fishing urban rivers which could have broken glass, barbed wire and G.I Joes that can damage your feet. Then it's ok to wear a pair of wool socks or something.
    Let's not forget the generous amounts of fecal coliform.
    Yeah pretty generous.
    Janus

I keep them on...except the vest...but only if I'm fishing the same river. Great idea about the bleach spray though. I'll have to consider that. It seems that didymo stuff hasn't affected any river I fish yet....but there are warning signs posted by the New York DEC warning about using items from other bodies of water. Maybe that is a real good practice we should all observe. Thanks for the advice, Betty
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

+ Reply to Thread