+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Norfork/White

Default Norfork/White

When is a good time to plan a trip to fish the White/Norfork. I went about 2 years ago, and they were generating nonstop (primarily due to a lot of recent rain). So, I don't want to make a similar mistake. So can anyone help? I would like to go maybe around October. Any problems with that?

sdillashaw... the Southern Conclave is the first week-end in October in Mountain Home so it's going to be busy. If you're looking for a place to stay around that time, hotels are filling up fast. You can check out [url=http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com:b9c45]www.flyfishingarkansas.com[/url:b9c45] and ask there also. Local guys and gals that can give some more advice. There's a few guides there as well. They just allow me to hang out there, but I have fun anyway.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

Sdillashaw,

On the website mentioned by my friend Maddog, there is a predicted generation table that will tell you when to expect generation. IGNORE IT. They usually follow it but the only way to know what is happening at any one moment is to call 870-431-5311. You can also find graphs that trace the recent history at the various dams but they don't always predict the future. That area had way too much rain several months ago and they had to generate constantly for flood control while I was there.

------------------
    Chuck Hitt

Sdillahaw

I live in Northwest AR and would be glad to help you anyway that I can. I fish both the white and norfork quite often (several times a year on the white some on norfork) Just drop me an email at tobydee@cox.net and I will try to get you going in the right direction. If you would like to give ma a call just shoot me an email and i will give ya my number

lets go fishin
    Antron Midge

You'll have to take a number and wait to get a free rock to stand on on either the White or North Fork during the week of the Southern Conclave. Come about the 3rd weekend in October, and shoot me an email. I live about 5-6 blocks from the confluence of the White and North Fork, and fish the Fork 90% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread