Thread: My thanks for all the articles

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Smile My thanks for all the articles

My thanks for all the articles.

Great photo album covering the 2007 Idaho Fish In, didn't realize that SuperCaster wore such a good looking outfit. Thanks for sharing the fun everyone had. I will try to arrange my schedule so I can attend the 2009 fish in, but this year is out. I have already organized a group for a Montana trip this fall.

JC, I really liked your Oranges Are For Christmas article, what part of Montana did you move to when you were a kid?

I release virtually every fish I catch. I don't begrudge someone if they want to keep an occasional fish. If the fish came from most of our lakes it is a stocker anyway and will be replaced. For the most part, none of our rivers are stocked with trout, so those fish are all wild. I really appreciate seeing trout released in the rivers. If a person does want to keep one then make it a smaller sized one, leave the breeders there to repopulate the stream.

Rick, thanks for sharing your Sowbug experiences and photos with us. I would like to make it down there some year.

Neil, I always love reading any article about Montana, I love that state. The rule you used, 'knowledge +experience = opportunity' is very true. Last year at the FFF Conclave in Livingston, the rivers were running way too warm for safe fishing. However, up in the mountains there was a small stream running cool and clean and the Yellowstone Cutthroats were eager to take a dry. That was fun.

Ladyfisher has a good article on positive thinking. That is very important in everyday living, the power of positive thinking. In the past, I have been able to get people to do a 180 in the job they were doing, going from mediocre to really good just by getting them to think in a positive manner. If you know someone who walks around with a cloud over their heads, get them to start thinking differently and that cloud will evaporate and show the sun that was always there for the viewing.

However, I suspect that sometimes fish also utilize the power of positive thinking and remain elusive. Maybe two positives neutralize each other? If that is the case, try a different fly.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Last edited by sagefisher; 04-07-2008 at 03:15 PM.
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club